Hope everyone is having a great week thus far. My "Monday" post is officially overdue as I scheduled it incorrectly (sorry about that!), so here it goes...
Over this past weekend, we enjoyed some time with our first official visitors to Boston - some dear friends from Baltimore. One of the highlights was going to China Town for some real Dim Sum. So fun and delicious! I also got to take my husband to Melting Pot for his 30th birthday. Fondue is such a great way to sit back, relax, and take time to enjoy each other's company.
Oh, and I finally did make cookies for Weldon's birthday. Promise fulfilled...here is the recipe for the ever-famous Star Wars Cookbook Wookie Cookies (mentioned in this post):
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine "dry mix" ingredients in large bowl - flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir well.
3. Combine "wet mix" in another large bowl - butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix well, then add eggs and vanilla. Mix again until smooth.
4. Slowly add prepared "dry mix" to the "wet mix", mixing until combined into the perfect cookie dough consistency.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips, until mixed throughout. Using a cookie scoop or small spoon, place dough 2" apart on cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 13 minutes or until they're golden brown on top.
7. Remove from oven, let sit a minute, then spatula off onto cooling rack.
Finally, enjoy warm with some cold milk!
Let us know what you think of them. See if you enjoy the cinnamon and extra chocolate chips as much as we do!