12 no-boil lasagna noodles
1/2 lb ground sweet Italian sausage
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/8 cup dried basil (or 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil if you have it!)
1 large jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu Roasted Garlic and Parmesan)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook sweet Italian sausage in large skillet on stove-top, until cooked through. Remove from heat and pour out on paper towels to help remove some grease.
3. Place noodles in bottom of glass 9"x13" baking dish, cover with tap water and place in microwave for 4-5 minutes, or until softened. Drain water, dry dish, and lay noodles out on large clean dish towel.
4. For the filling: Combine ricotta, 2 cups of mozzarella, 1 1/2 cups of Parmesan, egg, basil, and cooked sausage in large bowl. Stir well.
5. Pour 1/3 jar of spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9"x13" baking dish.
6. Drop large dollop of filling on short end of each noodle (about a 1/3 cup of filling for each noodle). Roll stuffed noodles up from the short end, then place seam-side down on top of the sauce in the baking dish. Continue stuffing, rolling, and placing lasagna rolls in the baking dish.
7. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over lasagna rolls. Sprinkle remaining cheese (1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan) on top of sauce.
8. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove foil and let bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned. Let stand a few minutes before serving. (Serves 6 hungry people.)
Enjoy with some garlic bread and a fresh salad.
Hope you and your family love this one as much as we did. We even tested it out on a new friend - and he still talks to us. :) Have a fabulous, inspired weekend!