- 12 slices uncooked bacon
- Bundle of fresh asparagus (I always try to find the thinnest stalks, so our bundle had about 50 stalks in it)
- 1/2 an onion, finely chopped (approx. 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine Feta cheese, onion, garlic, and black pepper. Stir until mixed.
3. For each roll, lay out a few stalks of asparagus and spoon on cheese mixture, then add a few more asparagus stalks on top (each of our rolls had 6-9 stalks of asparagus total). Wrap the roll with 2 slices of bacon to hold it together.
4. Repeat until you've used all your ingredients...should be about 6 asparagus rolls.
5. Set rolls on baking sheet and place in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until bacon is cooked through.
6. Let cool for a few minutes then serve. Tastes great as a side to a steak!
This is what each roll looks like when you cut into it. (I apologize for the unappetizing staging of this picture, but I figured you should see what the cross-section of the roll looks like...to help with prep.)
This recipe is a good way to get non-asparagus eaters to dive in...bacon and cheese always help veggies go down. Hope you and your family enjoy! -Kristen