Spring is high near! At least that's what I'm telling myself as I gaze out the window at a snowy landscape. Easter is this weekend, so surely warm weather is ahead! Right?!?
In preparation for spring, invigorate your interior by adding something new and fun to the space. Here are nine very affordable and eye-catching ideas that will surely spruce up your home for Spring:
1. Change a light fixture. Sick of builder basic flush-mount fixtures? Replace one with a fun ceiling fixture like the dandelion-inspired pendant below (Maskros Pendant Lamp from Ikea). It looks like a million bucks, but only costs $90.
2. Update your bathroom mirrors. Replace your basic sheet-glass mirror with an accent mirror. If you have a double vanity and feel bold, try two different mirrors for an extra dash of pizzaz.
3. Add colorful throw pillows to your sofa. This is the simplest way to completely transform the look of your room without making a major commitment. And, this time of year is perfect for taking a risk with a new bright color. As you can see below, none of the pillows "match" but they look great together. Just coordinate the colors with a few other accents in the space.
4. Frame a tea towel. A fantastic and affordable way to add a colorful art feature to your wall! You can find a beautiful tea towel on Etsy - just search under keyword "tea towel" - and then frame it in a poster size frame. The below towel is by Lisa Rupp Designs and only costs $20.
5. Paint the ceiling. You can go bold and pick a bright color like yellow (see below). Or, you can go more subtle and pick a softer shade. This is a fantastic way to draw the eye up and make your ceilings seem to soar. And, since it's only a single wall, your paint expense is very small.
6. Add a little fringe. Find some pom-pom fringe or tassel fringe at your local craft store and sew it to the edges of curtain panels for an easy room update. A no sew option, line the edges of curtains with ribbon backed with iron-on adhesive.
7. Plant a tree...indoors. Try a fiddle leaf fig or rubber tree - they're both great options for those without the greenest of thumbs (like myself!).
8. Spray paint an old piece of furniture. Grab an old side table, chest of drawers, or coffee table (check on Craigslist if you don't have one hanging around), prime it with spray primer, and then finish with a coat of colorful spray paint. If you every want to change the color, just spray paint it again!
9. Wallpaper an accent wall or small space. Try this decorating staple in a small entry way, powder bath, or even a closet. Also works wonders as an accent wall in a bedroom. Or, for a project with less commitment, try wallpapering the back of a shelf for a smaller pop of color.
Which of these spring decorating ideas peak your interest? I love them all...it's so hard for me to pick because I've either already done them, or plan to eventually do them all in our house.