10 medium sized flour tortillas
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monteray Jack cheese (or Cheddar Jack cheese)
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4oz) can diced green chiles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9" x 13" pan.
2. Combine shredded chicken with 1 cup of cheese. Roll mixture into flour tortillas and place in greased pan.
3. In saucepan on medium heat, melt butter then stir in flour. Cook for about 1 minute. Add chicken broth and wisk until smooth. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring very frequently, until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat before moving on to next step.
4. Add sour cream and chilies to saucepan. Stir well then pour over enchiladas.
5. Sprinkle remaining cheese over enchiladas. Place in preheated oven and bake for 22-25 minutes, then under the broiler for a few minutes to further brown the cheese.
Serving suggestions: Serve warm with some green onion or an extra dollop of sour cream on top. Tastes great with black beans. (Easy black bean fix - add a 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa to a can of black beans and it will taste like a homemade recipe...)
Hope you and your family enjoy! Please let me know what you think about the recipe. -Kristen