All that being said, I know that many of us like to get together and celebrate Memorial Day with a family gathering or BBQ with friends, so I thought I would share a fun little craft you can use for Memorial Day entertaining! These patriotic napkin rings (or belts...actually) are super easy to make and use very few supplies from the craft closet. And, you can keep them around and use them again for 4th of July celebrations too!
Grosgrain Ribbon (recommend ribbon with design printed on both sides)
Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
1. Measure and cut ribbon into 8-9" segments.
2. Run end of ribbon through 2 D-Rings.
3. Run small bead of glue across ribbon to right of D-Rings and press ribbon together so it holds.
4. Cut opposite end of ribbon at angle or notch it like an inverted "v". Run small bead of glue along edge so ribbon won't fray.
5. Roll up napkin and place in center of ribbon. Loop ribbon through both D-Rings and then down through the outer ring. Pull end until it tightens as much as you like.
A tip to help you out with a roadblock I hit with my polka dot ribbon...because it's not printed on both sides: Use the hot glue to attach a small length of ribbon to the end that is run through the D-Rings so the polka dots show.
Make sure you set your napkins out on display! They even work as a patriotic centerpiece that people can conveniently access at the table.