1 1/2 cups pretzels, coarsely crushed (we put pretzels in doubled-up plastic bags then beat them with a rolling pin...)
4 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz container of whipped topping (i.e. Cool Whip)
3/4 cup sugar
6 oz package of Strawberry Jello (the bigger box)
2 cups boiling water
16 oz package frozen strawberries, thawed and sliced (or you can try slicing fresh strawberries)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9"x13" baking pan.
2. For crust layer combine crushed pretzels, 4 1/2 Tbsp sugar, and melted butter in a bowl.
3. Press crust into bottom of greased baking pan. Place in preheated oven and bake for approx 10 minutes until hardened. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
4. While crust is baking, prepare strawberry mixture. Combine strawberry Jello, boiling water, and strawberries in large bowl. Stir well until Jello dissolves.
5. Place strawberry mixture in refrigerator (or in freezer if you're in a rush) until Jello is partially set - it will be thick and soupy but still pourable.
6. While crust is cooling, prepare the cream cheese layer. With electric mixer, mix cream cheese, whipped topping, and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
7. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust.
8. Once Jello mixture is partially set, pour over cream cheese layer and place baking pan in refrigerator for several hours.
9. When Jello is fully set, it's ready to serve. Slice and enjoy!