Isn't that photo like a breath of fresh air? (yes, I know it's a bathroom - ha ha ha - but stick with me)
It's from an amazing home that belongs to D.C.-based interior designer Lauren Liess who happens to have an amazing blog as well. Everything is so textured and tasteful, neutral but not at all bland. I would like to give her a call if I ever built my own home...
Here's why I like it so much:
1) Those sconces - Love the chain pulls, the brass with the black, the contemporary shade on the more traditional fixture...the scale is perfect for making them a true statement in the bathroom
2) The vanity - The vintage look of the weather-worn dresser with antique cup pulls, and all as a vanity?? Crazy good.
3) The mirror - I admittedly have a thing for simple mirrors with metal edges, and I love that this one is rectangular but with rounded corners.
4) The wall-mount faucet - The perfect mix of old and new...the faucet itself looks vintage but the way it's been mounted from a white stone (marble??) backslash is so modern and cool.
5) The tile - The white classic subway tiles with dark grout in the shower, check!! Dark slate subway tiles on the floor, check check!
6) The herringbone rug - I don't think I will ever tire of a classic herringbone pattern, especially in black and cream.
7) The stool - nothing adds texture to a simple neutral bath more than a well-placed vintage wood stool. The patina adds such authenticity to the design.
What about you...do you like this bathroom as much as I do? What are your favorite features?
If you think the bathroom looks good, you should see the kitchen before & after. It will make you want a full house tour. Lauren has mad skills!