4 oz glass canning jars with lids
Scrap fabric (or craft paper)
Felt tip pen
Stylus or safety pin (if using craft paper)
Box of baking soda
Scented essential oils of your choosing
1/4 cup measuring cup and 1 tsp measuring spoon
(Quick Aside: The cool thing about using baking soda and scented oils is that you end up removing odors from the room via the baking soda and adding fragrance to the room via the oils. A two-in-one solution!)
1. Take lids off of jars and set the metal lid inserts aside - you won't be using them for this project.
2. Lay fabric out and trace around jar lid with felt pen. Cut fabric to size by cutting about 1/2 inch out from your traced line.
(For paper version, lay paper out and trace around jar lid with pen. Then cut along the line so the disc of paper fits securely up in the lid.)
3. Fill each jar with 1/4 cup of baking soda.
4. Add 1 tsp of essential oil to each jar.
5. Position fabric over open jar and carefully screw on lid, attempting to keep the fabric as taut as possible.
6. Place your air fresheners around the house and give them a quick shake/swirl every once in a while to stir up the fragrance. Simply add more oil as time passes and the scent starts to wane.
The first place I thought of to put one of my air fresheners was on the baby changing table...just sayin'. Other good spots include the bathroom, mudroom, or near the trashcan in the kitchen.
Hope we gave you a little smell-good inspiration for the day! Let me know if you have any questions about the project.